OCR was established in 2007 in response to the importance and priority the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors has placed on ensuring the long term viability of its older commercial areas, including, but not limited to, the county's seven designated revitalization districts/areas.
To encourage and facilitate revitalization of and reinvestment in the older commercial areas of the county, OCR:
- Participates in the review and direction in zoning applications, comprehensive plan amendments, and urban design programs.
- Educates stakeholders and provides support to community advisory groups.
- Seeks to expand and diversify funding opportunities and public/private partnerships.
Fairfax County Revitalization Services
- Provide information and education on County revitalization policies and development processes within revitalization districts/areas.
- Promote revitalization area plans and projects.
- Provide technical assistance and local expertise on revitalization issues in Fairfax County.
- Undertake community visioning.
- Assist with development proposals in revitalization districts/areas.