Crescent Apartments Redevelopment Project
Though the public-private partnership (PPEA) to redevelop the Crescents Apartments property along with other parcels within the LAVC dissolved in December 2015 due to serious market conditions, the County’s intent to utilize the county-owned property to preserve existing affordable housing, create additional workforce housing, and serve as a catalyst for the revitalization of the LAVC CRA has not waivered.
While the ideal scenario would be for adjacent land owners and developers to participate collectively in consolidation, land assembly and redevelopment, this is not a prerequisite for the success of the Crescent redevelopment as the development of the Crescent site, even as a stand-alone project, will generate energy, synergy and investment that will revitalize the center in a manner that is consistent with the Comprehensive Plan. Though no timeline has been established, the County will begin deliberations regarding the next steps to encourage the revitalization of the Lake Anne Village Center as part of a innovative and imaginative mixed-use development that will:
- Embrace the objectives of the Comprehensive Plan to bring more residents and day-time employees to Lake Anne to promote a vibrant community where people can live, work and play
- Create a development that complements the existing Lake Anne community
- Result in a high-quality development in terms of site design, building design and materials, and appropriately sited open space
- Ensure that diverse housing options exist in Lake Anne, including senior, workforce and affordable housing
- Enhance pedestrian and bicycle connections throughout the LAVC area